Thursday, July 25, 2013

John the Revelator

 John's hero is Billy Sunday, the great preacher of the early 20th Century.  John, too, believes he might be called to preach someday when he grows-up.  

 John recently got fired-up about bad things that our country is doing, and he felt compelled to preach a sermon about it.  So he wrote one.  Then John constructed a pulpit out of boxes he found in the attic (apparently using an entire roll of my Scotch tape), put on his suit over his Spiderman pajamas, and preached us a 6 minute - 30 second, 3-point sermon in the living room.  
Then John felt better. So he went to bed. 
And I guess now I live in a house with TWO men 
who sometimes just have to get their preach out.

"Then I said, 'I will not make mention of Him, nor speak anymore in His name.' But His word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, and I could not."   -Jeremiah 20:9

And because I know you all have that song in your head now...

No comments:

Post a Comment