Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cajun Cookin'

Here are some pictures of my tour of Nawlins' food...
 At the famous Mother's Restaurant, I tried a Cajun sampler platter:  shrimp etouffee, red beans and rice, turnip greens, jambalaya, and mashed potatoes.  Didn't even come close to finishing it!


 You CANNOT go to New Orleans without trying beignets at Cafe Du Monde.  This one was the one on Riverwalk, not the famous original site in the French Quarter.  But we stopped here for breakfast on our way to convention one morning.


 Mulate's was my favorite New Orleans restaurant.  It was there that I tried my first Po Boy, as well as an order of bread pudding that was featured on Alton Brown's show a few years ago, Feasting on Asphalt.



 New Orleans has a lot of candy, in particular Pralines (pronounced prah-leen, not pray-leen).  These were reputed to be the best.

 Seafood gumbo.  Very spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment