Thursday, May 31, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

 When I was a little girl, I grew-up in the woods right beside St. Albans City Park.  It was wonderful, because we had all this acreage of privacy and woods, and when we wanted to, we could walk to the park. The park had a nice little league field, and occassionally we would go watch the ballgames or play some ball ourselves.  Here are some pictures of me and my family at that park once when I was five years old, only slightly older than my Anna.  Above:  that's me and my dad.

 Above, that is me and my two brothers, Jason and Doak.

 Below, my mom and Jason.

 Well, while visiting my family in West Virginia over Memorial Day, I walked my own kids and my niece Megan out through the woods to the same ballpark.  We had a wonderful time playing wiffle ball with real bases...





 Poor little Anna knew absolutely nothing about baseball.  The funniest moment of the day was when she hit the ball for the first time and ran for first base, only to pass it and run straight to the right field grass!
 Christopher and John somehow ended-up on 2nd base together, and then argued over who was there first.


No comments:

Post a Comment