Sunday, February 9, 2014

Magic Kingdom

Of all 3 parks we visited, Magic Kingdom was my favorite! 

So here we were, walking in the gates for the 1st time...



And this was my cheesy Disney dream: to ride a flying Dumbo! 


Each kid kind of had their own day on the trip, and Magic Kingdom was "Anna's Day."  
 One of Anna's biggest thrills was when we were walking around and came upon a performance being done by characters.  It was fantastic!



Although I'm not usually a fan of spinning things, the tea cups were actually pretty fun...

Yes, Oakdale Baptist Church.  
That is your deep, serious, theological pastor having a blast riding Prince Charming's Horse.

And of all the rides at Disney World, this one would be my favorite: 
The All-Time Classic, It's A Small World.
This was one of the few rides I remember from when I visited Disney World as a little girl.  I also remember that it was my mom's favorite.  


WARNING:  Watching These Videos May Lead to Singing This Song All Day.

This is for you, Mom!




So what's the only thing better than going through It's A Small World?  
Going through it TWICE in the same day!  
And what's even better than that???
The boat getting stuck on our 2nd ride.  That was AWESOME!  (According to me.  A certain man in my household might hold a differing opinion.)
Everyone on the boat started laughing and joking when our boat kept getting stuck.  Tim said this was how Gilligan's Island happened.  Another man said Disney was stopping the boat so they could come take our children because that's where they get the dancing children for the ride.  Ha!


My birthday dinner was at Ohana, which is an all-you-can-eat Hawaiian-themed restaurant at the Polynesian Resort.   





 
 I was quite surprised by how intense my 3 guys got at the Buzz Lightyear ride!



 Christopher, who is our family Presidential buff, LOVED The Hall of Presidents. Contrary to what his Uncle Jason said, Christopher did not perceive it to be "a great place to get a nap."

The coolest part of the show was how when they highlighted each President, the other animatronic Presidents all looked at that one.

And we ended our day at Magic Kingdom with fireworks.
Amazing!




Magic Kingdom, you were incredible!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing the kids in their Mickey ears... love seeing my pastor on a hobby horse even more! HA!

    HH

    ReplyDelete