Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Final Thoughts on Our Trip...

In reflection upon our 1st family Disney trip, 
I wanted to thank a few people:



  • Thank you to Heather - our awesome Disney travel agent - for all the time you invested in making sure our trip was less expensive, free of hassle, full of joy, and altogether magical.
  • Thank you to Alison, Diana, Nikki, Lindsay, Megan, Chris and Jason for all your fantastic Disney World advice and ideas.
  • Thank you to Nana for sending the kids spending money to enjoy.
  • Thank you to John, our driver to Epcot, for making the whole bus sing "Happy Birthday" to me.
  • Thank you to James, the guy who worked at Hall of Presidents, for knowing absolutely everything about Presidents, and for being so interesting to listen to that Tim didn't even want to go see the show, but instead just stay in the lobby and talk with you.
  • And a big thank you to Tim for giving me my dream 40th Birthday trip, and for being such a good sport by joyfully going along with all the Disney things the kids and I wanted to do.


  •  Best Food at Disney World:
    For me, it was the "Make Your Own Pasta" at the restaurant at Port Orleans.  My pasta included spinach, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, and parmesan.  It was stinkin' awesome.

    Biggest Surprise at Disney World:
    Little if Any Lines!  February is a great time to go... 

    Best Place to Shop at Disney World:
    The World of Disney at Downtown Disney

     Biggest Aggrevation at Disney World:
    None of the many European visitors there believe in standing in line.

    Our One Disappointment at Disney World:
    We didn't get to ride the monorail.  It was down.

    Greatest Lie Told at Disney World:
    When I was told by the workers "Happy Birthday" in response to my birthday pin, I would respond, "Thank you!  It's my 40th!"  Many times they would say in return, "You're kidding...You don't look 40!" And those people almost sounded as if they really meant it.  I don't know how Disney trains its staff to be such good liars, but I loved it.  :)

    Greatest Ego Trip at Disney World:
    The guy checking my fanny pack on my way into the park one morning told me it was 'the biggest fanny pack he had ever seen.' I felt like an awesomely-prepared mom at that moment.

    Funnest Treat at Our Resort:
    Discovering what the "mousekeepers" would do to surprise us each day, such as making Mickey Mouses out of our towels and washcloths.

    Biggest Challenge at Disney World:
    Trying to get all five of us to look at the camera & keep our eyes open at the same time for a good picture.  (Story of my life!)

    Biggest Laugh at Disney World:
    Watching John (who hates princesses) at the princess breakfast.

    Best Momentos of the Trip:
    1. Pictures and videos.
    2. Ears
    Glad to be home.
    We are tan, rested, and ready for God's good plans for us...

    3 comments:

    1. Very random comments:

      1. You're welcome... it was a joy to be your agent!
      2. That pasta looked GOOD!
      3. Europeans.... what can I say... I told you so! ;0)
      4. Disney workers don't lie... you DON'T look 40!
      5. Be glad you had the biggest fanny pack at Disney and not the biggest fanny at Disney! HA!

      HH

      ReplyDelete
    2. mike and I have enjoyed seeing all your pictures, you know the saying if you don't have pictures, it never happened......

      ReplyDelete
    3. I absolutely love the picture above of the kids ears from Disney! It is a picture that describes each individual personality! It was great reading on your family vacation! Looks like you guys had a blast!
      And I agree with the Disney folks and HH - you do NOT look 40 to me at all!

      ReplyDelete