Sunday, September 22, 2013

Family Vacation 2013

Every year after vacation, we always say, "Wow, we needed that."  But this year, that was especially true.
  • On January 16th, we first heard from our Search Committee at Oakdale.  
  • From then through April 14th, we were candidates there.  
  • On April 15th, we started packing and saying goodbye to everything and everyone in Cincinnati.  
  • On May 28th, we made the 9-hour move.  We began unpacking, settling-in, learning names, finding our way around, and diving into the work that God sent us to do at our new church. 
  •  And on August 19th, I started homeschooling my three children.  

Whew.  That's quite a year.  We've been tired.

So what a blessing it has been for the five of us to get to spend a few days away...together.  It has been great to do a whole lot of talking to Jesus, and listening to Him, too.  And remembering who and what are really important.

So now I'm embarking on a
Top 10 List of the Best Things 
About Our Family Vacation This Year.  

1.  BEAUTIFUL  SUNSETS

This...my friends...is why Sunset Beach, NC is called 
SUNSET BEACH...




I enjoyed watching a couple getting their wedding pictures taken on the beach as the sun set. Their guests looked on from nearby.  I sure would have loved to have seen how beautiful those pictures turned-out!



 From the Heritage Shores Nature Preserve in Cherry Grove: 





From Cherry Grove Beach: 

And after the sun went to bed, a full moon woke-up....

Thank you, Jesus.  
You did an amazing job on Your Creation.  :)

2 comments:

  1. once again you made a wonderful selection of pictures to share, I feel like I have seen the best part of Cherry Grove Beach, and Sunset Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I sometimes forget what a beautiful region I am blessed to live in. Thanks for the reminder!

    HH

    ReplyDelete