Friday, August 2, 2013

Country Roads


Before I was a Tarheel or a Buckeye, I was born and raised a Mountaineer.  Just came back from a few pleasant days there visiting familiar places and familiar faces.

Things that make me happy in West Virginia:

Driving on the Turnpike with my windows rolled down smelling mountain air,
while listening to John Denver sing Country Roads.  

Happy, happy, happy.



Pulling-up in the driveway of the home I grew-up in.



Sitting on my mom and dad's deck listening to cicadas chirp and owls hoot,
 and watching the deer eat in their yard.

Family.  :)


 
Driving by my high school and realizing I never have to sit through Mrs. Davis's Calculus class again.  


Waiting for coal trains to pass while I'm parked at railroad crossings.
This is where I learned the virtue of patience.


Watching barges silently float down the Kanawha River.
 

MOUNTAINS!!!


"The mountains are calling, and I must go." -John Muir

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pictures! Glad you got to go home and see family.

    ReplyDelete