Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rockin' with my Ever-Cool Niece Lindsay

Last week, my super-cool 13 year old niece Lindsay came to visit me, along with her 7-year old sister Megan and my sister-in-law Nikki. While Megan spent the day visiting cousins John and Christopher at our house, Nikki and I took Lindsay school shopping at the Kenwood Towne Center. Oh, my!!! What a lesson it was for me!!! I consider myself a "hipper" aunt who is more able to "get giggy with it." (Do kids still say that??? If not, insert uproarious laughter here...)

What I Learned from a Day of Shopping with a Teenager



Things that are cool:



Apple



Vera Bradley purses and backpacks



trendy stores like Forever 21



all things 80's, including clothes that look like they were in the movie Flashdance



Toms shoes



Sperry shoes



Miss Me jeans



one-piece jumpers



owls



big, chunky necklaces on long chains



layering several shirts together






Things that are apparently NOT cool:



white Keds



pegging your jeans at the bottom



stonewashed denim



ordering your clothes from Land's End (like I usually do)



Aunt Kara's closet








Thanks for coming to see us Nikki, Megan, and Lindsay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment