Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sweet 16


On January 10th, 1998, Tim and I started our family.  
Happy 16th Anniversary to us!
This year's anniversary celebration was pretty quiet.  We gave the house a good cleaning (boring but necessary) and then headed for a new restaurant around the corner called Lou Reda's. We were in for quite a treat for dinner...  Lou Reda's is now one of my favorite restaurants.  We even got to meet Lou himself, who came-out of the kitchen to say hi.  I would recommend Lou Reda's to anyone looking for a nice sit-down establishment in Rocky Mount.  Reasonable prices, good service, and great food.  
So I got the crispy balsalmic glazed pork belly, sweet potato fries, a house salad, and truffle mac and cheese. YUM. YUM. YUM. and YUM.  I had heard of pork belly on cooking shows, and it is apparently just a fancy kind of really thick, smoky bacon.  And I would love to learn to make my sweet potato fries that good: not too much salt or pepper, and crispy and sweet.  As for the mac and cheese...well...how can you go wrong with truffle-oil in your mac and cheese?!  I would put Lou Reda's mac and cheese up against Jeff Ruby's in Cincinnati any day, and that's really saying something.

As for Tim, my non-foodie, meat and potato-loving husband... he got a steak and baked potato.  :)

Well, it wasn't the most romantic anniversary dinner.
We had a little company.  LOL.  
(We missed you Mike and Kathy, our go-to babysitters!!!)

But even though Tim and I didn't have a date for this anniversary, we always enjoy the ability to spend time with the children.  We did have to get tickled at John, who insisted on wearing his blazer to dinner in honor of our anniversary.  And Anna Jean, who was relieved to discover when dinner was served that her "Kids' Fingers" were made out of chicken, not kids.  :D
Looking forward to sixteen more years of anniversaries with the best husband ever!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! I FORGOT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DAYS OF YOUR YEAR!!! PLEASE FORGIVE MY FORGETFULNESS....
    You look like you had a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete