Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 50th Anniversary


50 years ago today my mother-in-law and father-in-law married.  Their family and church family honored them this past Sunday with a reception after worship service...



My favorite moment: when they toasted with their cake and Pepsi.
Having never had a wedding cake, that was extra special.  :)

Mr. and Mrs. Barnette with their four children:  Stephen, Tim (my personal favorite), Stephanie, and Paul...
...and with their 10 grandchildren: Elizabeth, Lydia, Andrew, Bekah, Rachel, Tessa, Kaylee, Anna, John, and Christopher.
Kudos to my sister-in-law Stephanie for making such a beautiful cake.



Mary Lou and Desper.  Desper worked with my grandfather, they were neighbors with my parents, and are friends with my in-laws.  Now THAT is when you know you're in your hometown!

Adele and Lisa Thumm.  Adele was in our youth group when Tim was a youth pastor and we were newlyweds.  She has grown-up to be a beautiful and lovely young woman.  
My in-laws' pastor:  Pastor Tim.   (That's a good name!)
Our sister-in-law Tonya.
Tim and Cousin Clydean.
Our nieces Lydia...

...and Kaylee...
...and Elizabeth, who is a student at WVU.
(Man, I'm getting old!  When Tim and I started dating, Elizabeth was in diapers!)

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Barnette!  I sincerely thank you for raising such a Godly, responsible, and loving son who is a terrific husband to me and a tremendous father to my children.  May the coming years be even sweeter for you both than the ones that have come thus far...

No comments:

Post a Comment