Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Fields Are White

Whenever the Lord asks me to do something difficult, I start listening to my favorite contemporary Christian song of all time. The Message by 4Him.  I think I played The Message on a continuous loop this past May as I was packing all our stuff into boxes.

But what's fascinating is that until this fall, I had never known what it looked like when "the fields are white," as it says in the song.  And while the white fields referenced in John 4 which inspired the song are obviously wheat, I've never seen cotton or any other white crop grow before.  To my delight, this fall I have discovered that the plants growing in the fields all around my neighborhood are cotton, and that they are absolutely gorgeous when they are ready to be harvested.  For as far as the eye can see, it's nothing but white!

I have to wonder if this is what mankind looks like to Jesus.  

Lord here am I.  I will be the one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment