Tuesday, January 10, 2012

14th Wedding Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to us! We had a great one. God gave us another out-of-the norm warm day (52 degrees), full of sunshine. Mike and Kathy Geers watched the kids while we headed for The Precinct, one of Jeff Ruby's and Chris Collinsworth's steakhouses in Cincinnati.

Before we went, though, Tim gave me these beautiful flowers, and he also had another gift: one of his best gifts ever... Anyone who follows my blog read that my #1 New Year's resolution was to get all my VHS home videos transfered over to DVD. Well, my honey did exactly that, as a surprise. And he didn't stop there. He transfered those videos over to an external hard drive, and bought me a fire safe to keep my hard drive and my DVD's in so that - theoretically - nothing bad can happen to them. You would have to know what an absolute family home video zealot I am to know what a special gift that was to me. THANK YOU, TIM!!!

The Precinct is named such because it used to be an old police station in the early days of Cincinnati. This is a wall mural made from an actual picture of some of those officers. Cool.





Special thanks to The Precinct for treating us to dessert...on the house...a piece of decadent chocolate cream cake from The Bonbonnerie, Cincinnati's most famous bakery. And my favorite bakery. Yummo.

I will ditto the lyrics of Edwin McCain, who wrote...


I could not ask for more than this time together

I could not ask for more than this time with you

And every prayer has been answered

And every dream I’ve had has come true


Marriage rocks. Anniversaries rock. And being Mrs. Timothy Barnette ROCKS.


Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment