Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Butterfly Bungalow

Our most recent field trip took us to the North Carolina Aquarium, where we were able to check-out their new Butterfly Bungalow.  I must admit that I'm a sucker for a butterfly exhibit, and I find it quite delightful to have these sweet little insects crawling all over me.  But even more enjoyable is to watch them crawling all over my children while I shoot pics....
 I found it interesting that while in the NC Aquarium butterfly exhibit, one does not need the nectar to attract butterflies that is typical in a butterfly exhibit.  The butterflies here just landed on us and hitched a ride with us while we walked around.  They were especially attracted to the yellow t-shirts that John and I were wearing.






As to be expected, no one enjoyed the Butterfly Bungalow more than Anna.  We practically had to drag her out of that place!



There were hundreds of varieties of butterflies in the exhibit.  But our favorite - by far - was the owl butterfly.  God designed this butterfly to look just like the face of an owl when its wings are spread.  Look at that large "eye" on the bottom of its wing:  that looks so realistic!  As we got really close-up to the owl butterfly, we noticed that the "eyeball" even has white markings so that it looks exactly like a wet owl's eye that is reflecting the light.  God's Creation is phenomenal!
 Colossians 1:16
-Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment