Monday, April 23, 2012

Birthday Tea

For my 38th birthday which was on the 13th, I made a raw cheesecake (above) for a birthday cake, and I was treated to a special tea party by Anna Jean. We made the guys come, too. Real tea! Barry's Irish Breakfast Tea...very strong.

Our rule for the tea party was that everyone had to wear a hat and gloves. This is what the boys came-up with... Huh.








Things I Learned in My 37th Year:

Friends will sometimes break your heart, but Jesus never will.

Children grow-up entirely too quickly.

No matter how I try, I will NEVER catch-up on my scrapbooks!

It's possible to eat really healthy food and not crave the other kind as much.

I have the most awesome husband on Earth.

God's Word never ever quits being relevant to the situations I find myself in.

There are a lot of lonely people in the park who just want someone to talk to.

Little boys will never cease to amaze me with how they can stain their clothes and get holes in their pants.

Clough Pike Baptist is an extremely generous congregation when it comes to caring for the poor.

It is possible for even my husband to tire of conservative politics.

A hot bath or an hour at the piano can cure absolutely anything.

Given enough encouragement, a 4-year old can hike 5 miles through the Great Smoky Mountains and still have energy at the end.

There are some great Christian leaders and their families living among us who suffer perscution and injustice every day, and we should lift them up.

Dillard's has the best sales. Hands down.

Laundry clones itself at night. Dirty dishes clone themselves during the day. Children's homework clones itself at bedtime.

There is nothing to watch on TV anymore.

I will never tire of taking pictures of my kids. (Although they will.)

Jesus loves me, and He has a great plan for my family!

(Then again, I already knew quite a lot of that, didn't I????)

No comments:

Post a Comment