Friday, May 13, 2011

How I Spent My Mother's Day

I probably had my best Mother's Day ever this year! Here's how I celebrated...

First, Mom and Dad came for a visit the weekend before Mother's Day, staying Friday and Saturday. We took Mom to her favorite restaurant (and mine!) on Friday evening, Carraba's Italian Grill. Then on Saturday morning, I cooked everyone a big Mother's Day breakfast: scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, mango, cantalope, pancakes, bacon, sausage, and grits.

Once we were plenty full, Mom and I headed to our favorite store to shop... Dillard's! I had the pleasure of buying Mom a MD gift there. And I snapped her picture, in which she was thrilled, as you can tell. (Sarcasm.)



Then, on the Friday before Mother's Day, my family took me to my favorite Chinese restaurant, the Hibachi Grill. And guess what? I tried SUSHI!!!! It was absolute DISGUSTING. I have no idea how people stand that stuff - ick! I didn't even get to the raw fish: the green seaweed stuff on the outside was too inedible for me. John tried it with me, too. He concurred that it was gross.





On the Saturday of Mother's Day, my kids helped me plant my flowers and bushes for the year.






































On Sunday, Mother's Day, my children showered me with wonderful crafts and flowers from church, and gave me a beautiful corsage to wear to church.










It's good to be queen!